Booking a Group Program
Book your program at least 2 weeks in advance. To book, call 604-990-3755 from 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday. Program bookings cannot be completed over email, but if you have questions about our programs you are welcome to contact us.
When you book, please be ready with the program name, your group size, booking dates, phone number and e-mail.
Group Program Fees
Our program fees vary according to group size and the duration of the program. Our 2017 fees are:
Group Programs for Adults
- Up to 12 participants - $83
- 13 to 30 participants - $158
- $2.50 - per child for self-guided Forest Quest
- $2.00 - visit the Ecology Centre and watch a nature video
Getting Ready for Your Visit
How to Prepare for Your Group's Visit
- Plan to arrive at the park 10 minutes before the program begins. Public washrooms are at the Lynn Canyon Cafe building.
- It's often wet in the mountains, even if it's not raining elsewhere in Metro Vancouver. Participants are advised to dress for the weather. They should come wearing layers, with waterproof boots and a waterproof jacket. Rain pants are also highly recommended!
- Remind everyone that the forest is a great place to unwind... and unplug. Please leave electronic devices at home. If you'd like to take photographs, keep your camera or phone in a zippered pocket during the rest of the program to make sure that it is safe and dry.
When you arrive at the Ecology Centre, check in at the front desk. While your group is exploring the Centre, our program staff will speak with you about the program.
Getting to the Park
Lynn Canyon Park is easy to access.
- Public bus. Take the #227 community shuttle to Peters Road and Duval Road or the #228 bus to Burrill Avenue and Lynn Valley Road.
- Private bus. There is bus parking for school buses on the right hand side of the street just after you enter the park. Bus parking is free for those who participate in our programs. The bus driver must come into the Ecology Centre and pick up a free parking permit to display in the bus window.
- Car. If you're visiting with parent drivers, the closest parking to the Ecology Centre is the parking on either side of the road. Walk along the road and you will see the Ecology Centre on your left. If that parking is full, there is a larger gravel parking lot near the entrance to the park.
Bears and Salmon
Available year round. 90 minutes
After an introduction to the temperate rainforest we'll head outside for an interpretive walk and search for signs of the elusive black bear. Along the way you'll learn how the stream and the forest have a powerful ecological bond.
Available October to March. 90 minutes
Raw! Wild! Beautiful! Learn about the temperate rainforest, then go outside and experience the power of the river during the storm season. We'll discover how rain feeds this vital forest ecosystem.
Forest and Canyon
Available year round. 90 minutes
After an introduction to the temperate rainforest we'll head outside for an interpretive walk. Become enchanted by the beauty of the rainforest ecosystem and learn about the plants and animals that make Lynn Canyon Park their home.
Looking for a flexible and low cost program for your group? Discover the secrets of the temperate rainforest on your own.
Forest Quest Tour
Maximum group size 15 people with 1 of your own leaders
Maximum group size 30 people with 2 of your own leaders
Allow 1.5 hours
Your group will receive an introduction that includes a brief history of the Lynn Valley area. Then go on an educational adventure that combines an outdoor treasure hunt and ecology knowledge
Maximum group size is 30
Your group can explore the Ecology Centre's hands-on displays and enjoy a natural history movie in our theatre.